#Best of 2011
People always make these end-of-the-year best lists (me included), but how many go back and see how their picks from last year held up? The idea is that you go back and see what albums from the previous year you listened to the most this year. I got this idea from someone else, and I’m going to check myself with it. See how I did. Accountability and such.
Bold equals nailed it.
- M83 - Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming!
- Jay-Z & Kayne West - Watch the Throne
- The Belle Brigade - The Belle Brigade
- Middle Brother - Middle Brother
- Cults - Cults
- Bon Iver - Bon Iver
- Portugal. The Man. - In the Mountain in the Cloud
- Bombay Bicycle Club - A Different Kind of Fix
- Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
- Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - Here We Rest
- The Boxer Rebellion - The Cold Still
- Foster the People - Torches
- Mutemath - Odd Soul
- Caedmon’s Call - Raising Up the Dead
- Generationals - Actor-Caster
- The Decemberists - The King is Dead
- Death Cab for Cutie - Codes and Keys
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. - It’s a Corporate World
- The Naked and Famous - Passive Me, Aggressive You
- Beirut - The Rip Tide
- The Roots - undun
- Deer Tick - Divine Providence
- Raphael Saddiq - Stone Rollin’
- The Low Anthem - Smart Flesh
- Dawes - Nothing Is Wrong
So. 10/25. Good for baseball, terrible for knowing my own tastes.