#FM Radio Doesn’t Suck
Yes. I just said “fm radio” and “doesn’t suck” in the same sentence. At least not anymore (here in Birmingham anyway).
While a relative newcomer to the area, I have noticed that the radio around here is somewhat lacking. The only real options I have are to listen to AM 960, or The Vulcan, where it’s cool to spin “Lightning Crashes” by Live 4 times an hour (I kid not…) but now we have a choice. 100.5 WWMM has come online, and boy, is it good. so far.
Here’s the first hour’s playlist:
- Radio Nowhere // Bruce Springsteen
- Radio Free Europe // R.E.M.
- I Will Possess Your Heart // Death Cab For Cutie
- Daughter // Pearl Jam
- Viva La Vida // Coldplay
- You Get What You Give // New Radicals
- Suddenly I See // KT Tunstall
- Don’t You Evah // Spoon
- All These Things That I’ve Done // The Killers
- Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses // U2
- Hallelujah // Jeff Buckley
- Shattered // O.A.R.
- 1234 // Feist
- So Lonely // The Police
- Mercy // Duffy
A little heavy on the nostalgia, but definitely worth listening to. This post was mainly for Tyler…I know he’ll be interested.